Hearing Care and Hearing Aid Services
The Hearing Aid Center offers services for all of your hearing health care needs.
Full Hearing Evaluation
Your hearing evaluation will consist of:
- Video Otoscopy – This allows you to see the inside of your ear canal on a video screen, and see what we see! During this exam we will be looking for anything unusual that might explain your hearing trouble, including signs of any medical conditions or wax build-up in your ears.
- Pure Tone Audiometry – This exam allows us to see what your hearing sensitivity is for each ear at different frequencies and different intensities, and allows us to determine what degree of hearing loss you may have.
- Bone Conductivity Test – This exam allows us to determine how well your inner ear is working. We are able to bypass the outer and middle ear and reach the auditory nerve through vibration in the skull bones.
- Speech Audiometry – This exam allows us to determine how well you are able to hear and understand speech. In conjunction with pure tone audiometry, this exam provides information that helps to determine proper fitting ranges, and expectations for a hearing instrument.
- Tympanometry - This examination is used to test the condition of the middle ear and mobility of the eardrum and conductive bones, by creating variations of air pressure in the ear canal.
Hearing Aid Fittings and Programming
During your hearing aid fitting we use the results from your hearing exam as well as your personal impression of how well you can hear to determine the optimum settings for your hearing aids. The programming of your hearing aids is done using a computer that is connected to the hearing aids so that real time adjustments can be made. The fitting process is also when we teach you how to operate, maintain, and wear your hearing aids. We also discuss what to expect during your first week of hearing and go over any questions that you may have. It is always helpful to have a family member or friend with you at your fitting, as to ensure that you are hearing them comfortably, and to assist in the learning process.
Free 2 Week In-Home Trial
After your hearing evaluation and consultation, if it is determined that hearing aids can help you, we will provide you with hearing aids that are programmed specifically for you, show you how to use them, counsel you on what to expect, and let you try them in your day to day environment for two weeks, with absolutely no cost or obligation. If you are not satisfied with them for any reason, simply return them. Our trial is different because we don't require you to pay anything at all up front. We believe that with hearing aids today, you will know within the first two weeks if they will work for you. And even after your two week trial, you have another two weeks that your money is 100% refundable, making for a full 30 day trial!
Video Otoscopy is the use of an otoscope (this is an instrument used to look in the ears) that has a tiny video camera that transmits images to our computer screen. This makes it possible for you to see exactly what we see when looking in your ear!
Hearing Aid Repairs
Some minor hearing aid repairs can be done in our office in a short amount of time, while others will need to be sent off to the manufacturer for repair. We will help you to determine what kind of repair is necessary.
Hearing Aid Servicing and Cleaning
We encourage ongoing cleaning and maintenance after you are fit with your hearing aids to ensure you receive optimum performance and benefit from your hearing aids. We will schedule you for regular cleaning appointments, these cleanings will help to prolong the life of your hearing aids. We offer our hearing aid cleaning and servicing on ALL hearing aids, regardless of brand or type!
We have hearing aid batteries to fit all styles of hearing aids:
- Size 10 (yellow)
- Size 312 (brown)
- Size 13 (orange)
- Size 675 (blue)
Live Speech Mapping
Live Speech Mapping is a fitting process that uses real time speech to allow you to immediately see and understand the benefits of the hearing aids and the programming adjustments.